Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Meeting a New Family Member | BC Newborn Photographer

I love meeting new little people, but this one was just a teensy bit more special than normal - this brand new little person is my brand new niece! That wasn't the only thing that was different about this newborn session - we had to travel over 7000km to meet her! Her arrival was the perfect excuse for a UK holiday, and we enjoyed the baby snuggles along with 2 weeks of family visits and sightseeing.
Of course, being away from my studio brought a few challenges. I had to convert my In-Laws' living room into a make-shift studio, and was limited to only 1 blanket and 1 basket. Thankfully, my awesome Mother-in-Law happens to be the person who makes most of my wearable props, so came to the rescue with a cute pair of pants and bonnet... and my fantastic husband jumped into the role of assistant - spotting baby, moving furniture, converting couches into posing tables, and helping me tame some difficult midday sunlight. Oh yes... and my daughters were only too happy to jump in as models for a cousins pose! All-in-all, I think we make a good family team!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion. If you don't see your message right away, don't worry - it is just awaiting moderation. In the meantime, thanks for taking the time to comment. :-)