Saturday, January 11, 2014

Don't Put Off What You Can Do Today | Chilliwack Family Photographer

How often do you say to yourself  "I should get some up-to-date family photos done" but then life gets busy, you forget and another year rolls on without it happening? How often do your family albums look like a member of the family (the photographer!) is missing at most events?

Well, if you still need some inspiration for a great New Year Resolution or a goal for 2014, then I have a little suggestion for you... get those photos done, and get in some photos yourself! If you really need to, you can pretty much juggle ANY schedule, but you CANNOT turn back the clock, and you have NO idea what is coming round the corner tomorrow.

Take our wedding, for example... we have 1 group shot that I adore... it is not anything special or particularly unique. It is not an award-winning photo and not everyone is smiling or posed perfectly. It is just a simple shot of everyone who came to our wedding... but within 18 months of that photo, 3 of those people had passed away (and 2 were very unexpected). Sadly, that is the harsh reality of life.

OK... so, I have a confession - I was the worst offender for not being in photos or putting off our own family photos. Yup... pot meet kettle! (Phew... that was a relief to get it out there!) At the end of last year, I decided that I should listen to my own advice and get our own family portraits done. I hooked up with my fabulous photographer buddy Pam (Pam Dykstra Photography) , who had the exact same problem and thought, and we did a session swap! It was our turn first...

Photograph courtesy of Pam Dykstra Photography
I LOVED our shots and am SO glad we did them. I now exist in photos and we have 3 canvases proudly adorning our walls. It was also a great learning lesson, for me as a photographer, about the stresses of outfit picking for the family!! (Watch this space, as I now plan to add a pinterest board to help!)

A few days later, it was Pam's turn!

So, you can make many excuses why you can or may not get photos done, but I am pretty confident that you can also find a solution for each one. In the words of a wise man of the South, "get er done"!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion. If you don't see your message right away, don't worry - it is just awaiting moderation. In the meantime, thanks for taking the time to comment. :-)