Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My New Shopping List...

One truth in Photography is that you are never happy with the equipment you have... whether it is lenses, bodies or just gadgets, you always want more! So... with that in mind, here is my initial shopping list for this year (cough)... and maybe a wee bit longer...
(DISCLAIMER: please note that this is not the complete list - just an abridged "high priority" one -  I  don't want to scare my husband!

Lightroom 4
OK, top of my list now is Lightroom 4. After a few weeks of testing this little gem's Beta version, I am hooked. (I knew testing it would be a mistake).

Another spare battery
Boring, but necessary nontheless

And finally... 24-70mm 2.8 lens
OK, the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G WAS on my long-term list. As much as his 70-200mm big brother was my ultimate dream lens, this chap's slightly lower price tag and more immediate practicality for me (not to mention the rave reviews) bumped bro off the list in his favour.
However... along came the folks at Tamron, who have just announced their version of this beauty!
Photo courtesy of Tamron.ca
Now, I may be jumping the gun a little here - the price and launch date still haven't been announced & I have not seen any reviews on it's performance yet (let's be honest, the clarity of the Nikkor will be really hard to match) - but I am still waiting with a lot of interest to see if my shopping list will alter slightly. You can find out more info HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed... cant wait to see it, if its anything like the Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC it should be pretty darn good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion. If you don't see your message right away, don't worry - it is just awaiting moderation. In the meantime, thanks for taking the time to comment. :-)